Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How lucky am I :)



Ok.. this post is LONG over due. I think I have just been a little worried about sitting down and writing everything wonderful about my DAD in fear that I might forget something or that it would not come out right. Soooo putting all fears aside here I go!! To start off I would like to just make the biggest understatement of my lifetime... MY DAD IS THE GREATEST DAD IN THE WORLD!! Don't believe me?? Well come meet him and I promise he will change your mind. My dad is one who teaches manly through actions... and he doesn't act the way he acts to teach either... it is just who he is. There is not a thing in this world he wouldn't do for me and not to mention any one else that needed it. My dad is the type of person that everyone in there life needs. I have seen him give and give and give so much and not ask for anything in return.. in fact he wouldn't accept anything in return even if you tired, not because he is ungrateful or proud-full but because he does these things because they are the right thing to do and not because of what he might receive from doing them. Christopher might be my dads middle name but I believe if he was a girl it would be charity.. hahahaha as silly as that may of sounded it has a lot of truth behind it. The most important lessons I think I have learned from my dad are...
1. That people who are blessed should live life trying to bless others.
2. Learn to laugh at yourself.
3. The best attitude is a positive one.
4. Don't worry about what you can't control.
5. People aren't measured by the mistakes they make but by the good that they do.
6. Good work should be a reflex not just something to consider.
7. Giving is better than receiving.
8. Popularity isn't measured by how you look or what you wear but by the friends that you have.
9. Hard work pays off.
10. Being humble can be one of the best traits... but it is always fun to joke around like your not ;)

Most of these things are not things he taught me during lectures or life stories... but by watching him just be him. My dad is not one for story time of what it was like back when he was a kid... in fact I honestly know very little of his life stories... but what I do know is that he has and always will be the most amazing guy I have ever met. I can tell by the way he treats others that he has ALWAYS been pretty AMAZING. I don't know what I did to deserve having a father like him to teach me and to make me laugh and enjoy life but I am so very thankful for whatever I did because I am the luckiest girl on earth.!!
This is a little late but Happy Birthday Dad!! I love you so very much and thanks for everything you have done for me and taught me. I tried to put it down in words but I don't think words could ever do you justice.
lots of love
-Erin Nicole <3
a.k.a The Favorite child ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment